For we walk by faith, not by sight 2 Corinthians 5:7

Friday, April 16, 2010

Hearing From God

This morning in my quite time I was looking out the window and taking in all of God's beauty that was in my line of sight. As I looked at the leaves and branches of a tree I became aware of the slightest breeze. It made me think of a wisper--a wisper from God. God is always communicating with us. But he does not often communicate in a loud and audiable voice. We hear God moslty in still soft moments. The problem is we don't pay attention to His voice or we may not be familiar enought with His voice to recgonize it. Either way we miss Him.

Over the past couple of days I have been hearing Him say to me, "Be still and KNOW I am God" I have been busy lately so this past week with all the hustle and bustle I did not make time to get still and listne. I could tell the difference too. I have to hear what H is telling me for our relationship to be strong. To hear God takes a little more than just listening. We have to be able to recognized His voice. That is not a tricky task. God gives us a marvalouses way to learn the sound of His voice--by reading His word. John 1:1 says, "In the beginning the word already existed. The word was with God and the Word was God." Reading and studying His word is the best way to get to know His character. If you are searching for the truth my challenge to you is this: spend a few minutes in His word each day and you will find Him and the answers to most of the questions you have ever had.

1 comment: