For we walk by faith, not by sight 2 Corinthians 5:7

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Faith...a Beautiful Gift

"These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold--though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world." 1 Peter 1:7 NLT


Over the last few months a lot has happened in my life. I have graduated with my Masters, started 2 new jobs, moved into my own place, and watched my little sister get married. It has taken some adjustment, and I am still in the middle of it. I have finally accepted that it will take some time to adjust. 

There have been days during the last few months that I did not think I would make it.  I will be honest that it would have been easier to give up than to keep going. The hardest part is when I thought that I had missed God's plan and direction for my life. As soon as doubt entered the devil used it as a foot hold. 


It took faith in Jesus and reassurance from Him to know that I was doing the right thing. He has never lead me wrong. Even though I am still going through this chapter of my life not knowing what is coming, I have faith in my Jesus that He has the plan. The New International Version of 1 Peter 1:7 says, "your faith—of greater worth than gold". Faith my be all I have right now, but it is the most valuable thing I have too.


1 comment:

  1. Faith is such a beautiful thing! So happy to have it!

    ReplyDelete