For we walk by faith, not by sight 2 Corinthians 5:7

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Waiting on Love

When I watch love stories I sometimes get sad because I miss that feeling--the kisses and hugs, holding hands, and hearing someone say "I love you." And I know there have been times in the past that I thought that it was a sick joke-the wanting to feel love and not being able to (well not feeling it the way I think it should feel), and though I may not have been thinking it consciously I know that somewhere in my subconscious I placed the blame on God. Like He was keeping something from me. Those thoughts were yet another way that the devil gets a foothold in my mind. 1 Peter 5:8 (TLB) says, "Be careful-watch out for attacks from Satan, your great enemy. He prowls around like a hungry, roaring lion, looking for some victim to tear apart." Anyway that the devil can separate me from God he will. 

Tonight I watched a movie that brought up some of those feelings, but I think I gained some insight. God is NOT trying to keep anything from me. The reason I know how love feels is because I have been in love, fallen out of love, and ended up with heart ache and pain. That pain was not something God wanted for me. If I would have followed His plan for my life I would have waited for love and known no heart break. I made choices and now and now I have to deal with the consequences. I may not be able to change the wounds of my past, but I can prevent unnecessary wounds in the future. I made a decision about a year ago that I would wait on God. No dating and no boys until God says, "He is the one." I can't handle another heart break again. Hosea 12:6 (NIV) says, "You must return to your God, maintain love and justice, and WAIT for your God always."

***Really cool fact. I was writing this in my journal and stopped to read the scripture on each page. The scripture that I referenced is the scripture from the page in my journal that each part was written on. Thank you God for your divine counsel. 

1 comment:

  1. Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." It is great that you are waiting on God's guidance. The reward will be bountiful.. God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete