For we walk by faith, not by sight 2 Corinthians 5:7

Friday, July 9, 2010

Hidden Opportunity

Here recently I was having an issue that involved me and another person. I was struggling on what to do with the friendship and actually praying on weather I should end the relationship or not. I wasn't hearing God say that I should end the friendship so I just distanced myself from the person. I kept praying, but I am pretty sure it was selfish prayers. After a few weeks of distance and still praying the other person told me what a witness I had been for her. I was shocked and grateful. I had not even realized what I was "showing" her. It made me realize how important it is to be attuned to God--His heart, eyes, hands, feet, and character--that way we are less likely to miss an opportunity to witness or minister. Not only did God use me in Her life, but He used her in mine.

Ephesians 5:1-2 "Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God."

No comments:

Post a Comment